Monday, November 16, 2009

If I were the daughter of the Director General

I remember ages ago there was a story about how the daughter of a BBC exec saved Neighbours for us all. When it started it was broadcast as a morning show, but kids were all in school, so used to skive off, or come in late so they could watch it. The daughter of this exec told her dad that and, not wanting to miss out potential viewers, it was changed.

On Saturday, I was chuffed beyond belief to be asked was I a researcher for the BBC. I really did have to try hard not to respond with 'no, why, does it look like I could work for the BBC?!'. But I got to thinking, if I did and had any power (which I imagine a researcher would not) this is what I would do on Strictly, my most favourite BBC show of late.

Ditch Bruce
Yes, family viewing, blah blah blah. He's rubbish, end of. There was a report in The Sun (high brow, I know. It came up in my news feed alright) that said:

'Despite Brucie's absence, viewing figures peaked at 10.9million - the highest ratings for the show so far this year.'

No, because of his absence. Tess was much better on her own and Claudia was outstanding backstage. Obviously Ronnie Corbett was a spare part so we'll work on the rest of the team.

Get rid of Alesha
Nice girl and all that, but really? She doesn't really know what she's talking about. And with comments like "You was mesmerizing" and "You was bringing the fun-ness to the jive' you can do without her. Might I suggest that ex-professional dancer from the show Karen Hardy goes in instead. She's brilliant on Choreography Corner on 'It Takes Two'. I know what the BBC were trying to do, combat the Cheryl Factor, but, I say this with a tear in my eye, dance is the real loser.

The XY Factor
So while we're on line ups, I do agree, two girls can't really host the show. If it were two men, we'd all be up in arms, so why not have a guy out front to introduce the couples, have them dance and then over to Tess for the judges' comments. I suggest someone like Anton Du Beke. Surely he's a family favourite, reasonably funny and I don't think anyone would complain if he never danced a Latin again. But if not him, then someone else this side of 60 please.

And I haven't even got started on the Hearts and Minds repeat on a Thursday night when it was just on earlier that same flipping evening!

1 comment:

Brian Fisher said...

My favourite Alesha Doolittle phrase to complain about; "You was a lady."

Related Posts with Thumbnails