Saturday, October 09, 2010

Kids say the darndest things!

My nephew is getting really good at names. A while a go I was babysitting and decided my goal for the day should be to teach him my name. Quite quickly he had caught on. Well nearly. I thought for a second he was saying 'Nina'. Turns out it's more a 'Nia'. Ah well, I'll take it.

We visited recently, and amongst presents for Kiera, we brought David a DVD of a news report that he'd been on. Nothing bad I might add, a London news thing for his work. Due to technical difficulties he hadn't seen it and as we had Sky+ed it, we put it on DVD for him.

When John saw the DVD, bless him, he thought it was his CD of songs. Well if you're 20 months old, telling the difference between a DVD and a CD is pretty hard. Anyway, he put it in the DVD player in the hopes of songtime. Imagine his surprise when Daddy appeared on the screen!

Well, I thought he would be surprised. Apparently he thought it was fairly normal and all his family would appear on the box in the living room, because after the report was over and it passed back to the studio presenters, John pointed to the blonde girl and said "Nia!!"















Even though he has no idea, I'm taking that as a compliment.

Thank goodness he didn't point at Donal McIntyre.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails