Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Knee news

I can't believe in my November update post I forgot about my knee. It turns out that I was very lucky I wasn't sportier earlier in my life as I would have had much more serious problems than I do now. It turns out a lot of things were conspiring against me, I have crap feet, rubbish hips (I'm as surprised as anyone with this news about my well cultivated hips) and, to quote the physio 'a tiny little patella'. That's the medical term for the knee cap, don't you know. No wonder it was so sore, it was just wobbling about in there.

One doctor was very surprised I've never dislocated my knee before and made it sound like I was about to walk out of the surgery and it would happen at any moment. The physio also told me I had the same thing as Rafa Nadal! Who would have thunk me and Rafa would have something in common?! I have to tape my knee just like he does when I do sport now.

















I'd have been less impressed if Big Head Federer had this injury.

It's nice to know why it's so painful, but I guess that's it now, I'm old. It's all downhill from here on in.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails