Sunday, March 02, 2008

I hate application forms

Especially when they are too small. Take for example the PDF form issued by a certain south easterly board which gives 3cm x 2cm for all the modules you completed in each year at university. 3cm x 2cm isn't big enough for some of the modules I did, let alone the entire year's work. Like 'The Sociology of Racial and Ethnic Conflict' for example. It was a bugger to do at the time but trying to fit it in application forms is nearly worse.

And another thing, while we're on the topic, I hate writing 'International'. I have to write it all the time. It's in the name of my degree, half my modules were concerned with it, it's the type of school I worked at, it's in the name of the school I worked at, I taught International GCSE, it had it in the name of board we did, and I was trained in flipping well International Baccalaureate Extended Essays. 

That's a whole lot of internationals to fit in (especially on badly laid out forms).

So you'd think I would spell it right more than I do.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails