Saturday, September 13, 2008

I'm not not blogging

It's just that I haven't blogged. My life has been reasonably dull of late, I know, more than usual and I lost my zing for blogging. But Stella got her groove back and so I'm going to try. 

I shall start by showing you photos of Project Decking.

Ok so we missed the actual before shot so this is us, well Dad digging one of the 12, yes, count them twelve foundation holes. Little did we know this was on the only day of summer.

Check out our lone, some might say white trash, patio chair. It's all about to change as we get some class. No, really a wobbly clothes dryer that can't stand straight isn't the class I'm talking about.

Unfortunately my camera broke and my new one hadn't arrived for most of the during shots, so we skip ahead to the frame being there. I'd like to say that the photo isn't staged but sawing just isn't one of my strengths.

This sadly means that you don't get to see one of my favourite parts of the process, trying to get the posts straight and vertical (on both sides I might add). Any belief that they are not is merely bad cameraship on my part.


Da-dah! Well nearly. There's a railing on the short side and trellis on the long side. And some sort of steps and flower arrangement combo to stop would be toddlers (and let's face it Tinas) falling off the drop at the bottom. Also missing is the aforementioned classy garden furniture.

Too bad summer's over eh?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails