Friday, July 10, 2009

This never happens

Driving home last night I got an unprecedented run of good music. I know it's my own iPod and that should happen all the time but it doesn't. When my iPod is on shuffle all the crap rises to the top and I have to skip on past Boards of Canada, Yellowcard, Hawthorne Heights etc. But not last night. Last night was pure gold! Let me demonstrate:

1. Mr. Brightside - The Killers (Killer start some might say)
2. Valerie - The Zutons (You can keep yours Amy!)
3. Glory of Love - Peter Cetera (A-miz-in!)
4. Never Ever - All Saints (Who can still speak the opening? 'A few questions I need to know...')
5. Feel - Robbie Williams (Everytime a good Robbie song comes up I mourn the loss of good Robbie songs)
6. Please Don't Stop the Rain - James Morrison (Love him)
7. Holy is the Lord - Passion (Ace!)
8. Fix You - Coldplay (From LeftRightLeftRightLeft which had me reminiscing about seeing them live)
9. God Gave Rock 'n' Roll to You - Kiss (This one reminded me of NC)
10. Teenage Kicks - The Undertones (John Peel's favourite song you know)
11. Always - Erasure (Classic)
12. Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now - Starship (No, this is classic)
13. Great Balls of Fire - Jerry Lee Lewis (No, no, no! THIS is classic!)
14. It Is You - Newsboys (Reminds me of Brazil, although no idea why!)

And then it came. Track 15 was Lionel Ritchie 'Endless Love'. Proving, once again, I cannot go thirty songs without Lionel Ritchie popping up. And I don't even know how he got there in the first place.

1 comment:

Kaz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails