Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ministry of fud

I know, I know. I said I would blog from Singapore and all I managed was a photo. And I do still intend on writing about it all. But for right now I'm going to chart my progress with Jamie Oliver.

You know those people who say they love cooking because it relaxes them? I am definitely not one of them. Cooking fully stresses me out. But I shall persevere. This week I have been upping my repertoire to include:

Steak Sandwich
Served on ciabatta bread, with watercress and a large mushroom. Very nice it was. I mean, you can't go far wrong with steak can you?

Pancakes
For breakfast this morning I had pancakes. They're really easy to make. I used to get slagged in Singapore for having the sort that you just add water to and now I can see why. Mine were served with some sort of Ambrosia Creamed Rice lookalike. It was actually banana, coconut and natural yoghurt. Also there was mango. I wasn't so fussed on the yoghurt stuff. Think I prefer blueberries.

Prawn Stir Fry
I was excited by this one, but actually this was the most disappointing one. I put too much chili in it so it was accompanied by a large bucket of water (not shown). The prawns were good though so I'll have to give it another go sometime.

Tomorrow is either going to be pasta or salmon. No doubt, I shall let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails