Sunday, September 27, 2009

Singapore stories. Well kind of.

With the Singapore Grand Prix on, I think this is now the time to put on my Singapore photos and tell you a few stories about my trip there this summer. Critics might say the time for this was sometime the week after I got back but I shall ignore them.

I know, this isn't me in Singapore, but I put this in just to remind you about the humidity in Singapore. Beyonce's hair is struggling. Mind you, that Pussy Cat Doll girl must just have set down her GHDs.

After France, I only had a couple of days at home before setting off again. My journey out was fairly long. In fact I can't think of a longer door-to-door trip I have taken. I left Wednesday morning and wasn't there until Thursday night, which even with time differences taken account of, it was a 36 hour journey. The reason of course was this was the cheapest route to fly. So fine, I will spend 7 hours in the middle of the night in Dubai, and fine, I will land in Sri Lanka for no apparent reason.

I like a good airport, me. But Birmingham, yours is not a good airport. A severe lack of seating is more than disappointing. And this corridor is in clear need of a moving walkway. Criminal. Get on it please.

My flight to Dubai was lovely. I had four seats all to myself. The plane was only a quarter full so we were able to move down to the back of the plane and stretch out. Nice. Of course, it still being the afternoon on my body clock I wasn't really able to take advantage of this, but it did give me a taste of what First Class must be like. One day, maybe.

Always.

Seven hours in Dubai were spent in this chair. Well, once I was in it I didn't want to get out and lose it. Even though I spent the last 3 hours needing to use the bathroom and desperately wanting to brush my teeth. Good job I didn't get out though, turned out that while I had toothpaste and my toothbrush holder, the crucial element in teethbrushing, the toothbrush, was still sitting at home. I would have been raging if I'd lost my lounger seat for that!


Look how cute this child is. He kept me entertained for an hour or two as he ran up and down past me.


I was very jealous of my other neighbour's blanket. Dubai airport is freezing. Like freezing. Probably making up for outside. This girl clearly stole this blanket from her flight and I wished I had been that clever.

So that was the journey out to Singapore. It was spent blogging, reading and listening to music. And Dubai, despite the cold, congratulations on your free wifi service which allowed me to email ahead to the welcome party for a toothbrush to be brought to greet me. Nice work.

Right, I think that will do you for now. I know, we're so close to actually getting to Singapore, but if I don't spread it out over a day or two, it'll be a massively long post and then there'll be nothing. No, don't fret, I'll go write it now so you know it'll definitely come.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails