Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The eye of the tiger

Yesterday I did an unselfish thing. I put you ahead of my own glory when I put the promise to you to write about Singapore ahead of my own triumph at running.

Yes, that's right I did it. I ran all the way round my route*. Took me about as long to be able to do it as running the lake, which is encouraging news in my old age.

*Please note: these steps are not included in the route. They are merely steps linking two parts of the route together that I have to go up. Running up these is impossible and I don't think this photo does them justice. What you can see is only half of them, and they are followed by a mighty big hill. Like I said, this just links two parts of the route.

I was getting close for a while, but today I did it when I ran up the other hill that finishes my circuit. Ah, to think in the beginning, I could not even get to the first lamppost on that never ending hill and today I ran the whole thing. Like when I ran the lake I didn't actually go out planning to not stop, it just worked out like that.

Now, to keep doing it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails