Thursday, October 08, 2009

Remembering the golden rules

I've been running again now for nearly two months. It definitely gets easier. Although what doesn't is the will to actually go out and start. Like today, I came home all intent on going out and instead got into bed and slept for two hours. Nice work Tina, that's like the exact opposite of going out for a run.

Anyway, while I've been running, especially because it's along a picturesque route like the lake which people like to walk, I have been reminded on the two golden rules of running.

1. When you pass people, smile. I find this tends to stop the pity looks in their tracks if they think you're not in pain. It's also why I wear my Paula Radcliffe-esque (fake) Oaklies, come rain or shine. If they can't see my eyes, they can't see my level of 'enjoyment'.

2. Always check behind you before you unpick your wedgy. Never makes for an impressive view.

Happy to help.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails