Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Strasbourg, the heart of Europe. Until you try to get there.

June 8th already? Well at least I know MasterCard will be happy that I didn't realise it was June 8th, as no doubt they will slap a nice £12.00 late fee on to my credit card bill that's due tomorrow. I hate paying that simply because I didn't realise time was ticking away and they can't process payments any faster. Funnily enough the last time I was late with a payment was when I was away on a trip. Next time I will pay it before I go. Although I don't like my chances of getting packed up any earlier in that case.

So France. Again. Like I said before, it was a scarier trip than last time. Smaller, with more work to do. And wanting to hold on to the report that I will to the boss (who leaks their own reports?) I shall show you some photos instead.

The first thing to say about Strasbourg is that it's not an easy place to get to. There is no simple route there. Every which way would have involved various combinations of planes, trains and indeed automobiles. Added to the problem was the need to go the cheapest way possible, which worked out flying to London to get the Eurostar to Paris and then the TGV to Strasbourg. Which all meant that I could have flown to Australia in the time it took to get to Strasbourg. But I did get fun travelling adventures so I shan't complain.

On my way through London, I stopped off for a Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino near to Trafalgar Square.

Ah London in May. Reminds me of...November.

There's a statue of George Washington outside the National Gallery. It turns out he too was a little man, like Fred Perry and King Billy. I had to include this kind member of the general public for perspective purposes. I don't think he knew he was in the photo.

I walked to Covent Garden and even at 11.00am  there were street entertainers. The man on the unicycle proceeded to juggle, which makes my multi-tasking of walking and chewing gum look amateur.

With wheeling my suitcase around to Covent Garden I suddenly became very aware of it. Not incase someone tried to rob me. No, no, incase throngs of people gathered round me, expecting me to take out my ventriloquist's dummy or magician's sawing table. I made a speedy getaway, lest they be disappointed and throw things at me. Well, we've all seen a crowd turn ugly.


Tomorrow (or some other time in the future) I'll continue the photo round up of the trip. I thought if I put too many photos you wouldn't know what had hit you. Feast from famine can be dangerous for one's health.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails