Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bit quiet

I didn't deliberately stop blogging there, I just couldn't get to my desk.

#TinaLostInSpace took on a new twist. I started tidying the shelves under my desk. I didn't tweet about it, partly because #TinaUnderTheDesk doesn't really sound right. And partly because it was quite dull stuff. There were all my university files. I mean all my university files, first year through and most every draft of every essay for five years. There were university and school textbooks, exam marking files, a collection of notebooks (unwritten in because, you know, they're too nice) and empty ringbinders and lever arch files (incase of a filing emergency, of course).

I still haven't quite finished the tidy up to end all tidy ups, but I have reclaimed my desk and most of my floor. I think the next part might be to sort through my wardrobe(s) and have a clear out there too. It's quite cleansing, all this tidying. Becomes a bit addictive. But I tell you what, it is quite amazing I haven't developed asthma from all the dust I was living in.

In other news, I got hooked on Mad Men. Quite a brilliant show. It does take a while to get into it, but you do it won't let you go. I watched season 1 about a year ago, and was encouraged by Jill not to skip ahead and watch season 4 even though it was on TV. Now having watched them in order, I am glad I didn't. The costumes, the writing, the character development is just brilliant. Plus, a drama set in the 1960s and referring to the events of it is brilliant for a history geek like me. There are some cracking lines, mostly from Roger Sterling, so it's funny too, but in a more subtle kind of way. Actually the whole show is subtle. So much so you might be mistaken for thinking nothing ever happens. But you'd be wrong.

I even went as far as to 'mad men myself' on the AMC website. So here I am hanging out with my pals at Sterling Cooper.

I don't condone smoking. But it seems that's all they do. Well that and drink.
Now, I don't think it'll overtake The West Wing as my favourite show ever, but, as you can tell from my enthusiasm, it's made a cracking effort up the charts.

Emmys this weekend. I have my fingers crossed for Mad Men nominees. Most especially Mrs. Blankenship.

You'd never belief that was The Karate Kid's mum. The first one. I mean the make-up's good, but that's not Jada Pickett Smith under there.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails