Monday, March 05, 2012

No post weekend blues here

After a busy last week and a crazy busy weekend at Soul Mates I'm off on my travels again. I know there was good reason to book it for the very next day, but as I started to pack at 10.30pm last night I began to think it wasn't the best idea. When I was still up at 1.30am I really did wonder what I had been thinking. And by 3.00am, when I went to bed, I vowed never to do it again.

At 6.00am I was up to put my jeans in the tumble dryer and throw the final things in the case. Three hours sleep was a new low in a week of little sleep. Actually, I got more sleep at Soul Mates than I did at home. And that's even including Steph's extra early alarm at 6.00am on Sunday.

But the weekend was brilliant! It's hard to explain why it was though. I had little sleep, I was constantly on the go and I practically never sat down. Nurse Carol was appalled at my lack of bathroom breaks on Saturday. Well, I either needed to go but didn't have time, didn't need to go or there was a queue of 14 kids for the one toilet in the church. And so from 7.10am until about 11.30pm I held it.

Despite that, there are three main reasons I loved it.
1. I worked with some fantastic new people. They really stepped up to what we were asking and did a good job.

2. The kids and leaders loved it. It's always easy to work for people who so visibly express they're glad they're there.

3. Johnny made his annual trip on Sunday. Three years old and already four Soul Mates under his belt. That's my boy!

But now I'm very much looking forward to the flight so I can sleep. And I'm already writing in my head a blog post about the hen party who were just ahead of me in the security line. We'll save that for the other side though.

Well, if you've been here long you'll know travelling brings out the best in my blog.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails