Tuesday, March 13, 2012

There's someone in here

There's lots of differences between America and Northern Ireland. You probably don't need me to tell you that. Like they need drive-through Starbucks and we want drive-through Starbucks. Or we sell small packets of crisps and they sell gigantic bags of potato chips. Or their parking spots are made for SUVs and trucks, and our parking spaces are not, despite Tesco mums' best efforts. Most of the differences are fine; you get adjusted.

However, here's one difference that will never be normal to me and I bet if you've ever been to the States you'll have noticed it too. It's that uncomfortable gap in the toilet cubicle door. What is with that? 

Yes I was sitting down when I took this photo. What of it?
It's all over too, it's like they have one company make all their toilet cubicles and they decided there should be a gap and so in public toilets all across America there's a gap. Or maybe there's a federal law which dictates the size of the gap? You see, it doesn't matter where you are, you can see people on the outside and they can see you. That's just weird. (Of course, Americans probably travel to Europe and think it's weird to pee with no one being able to see in. That's how we pee in Europe, my American friends!)

I suppose it's a small price to pay for the free refills though.


2 comments:

Megs21 said...

TinaTinaTina! I will now never use public bathrooms in America! In other news guess what I got today...? (I would text you but I'm guessing that wouldn't work with you being in America and all) an SCL desk calendar! I got it with a hello somebody watch. I feel like a true fan now! x

Tina said...

Agh! I love it when there's comments, but I'm usually not very good at replying to them and this is the worst example. So sorry!

I think you will use public bathrooms because of all the free refills you'll be dying for a pee. Honestly, you get over it. But it is weird!

How's the calendar working out for you? Do you wake every day with a spring in your step knowing you've got another SCL gem to read? And what colour watch did you get?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails