Monday, February 17, 2014

Frozen in time

I don't often get emails from my brother so when I did last week, my first thought was 'this is spam'. Except the subject line was so intriguing I had to open it. It was titled 'You as a kid'. Ever happy to re-live my childhood days I was willing to suffer whatever virus was attached and/or send spam onto my entire email address list for this.

The content of the email was, if I'm honest, a little disappointing. It said, and I quote:

Search for this on you tube

Two Little Girls Singing "Let It Go" From Disney's "Frozen"

One of the girls reminds me of you as a kid.....I think it's the fringe

Sent from my iPad

Was this really from David? They do have an iPad. But why would he not just send me the link to the You Tube video? Or a screenshot of the girl with the fringe. Oh no, David made me work for this one.

I duly searched for the phrase as he suggested and was given these results. 

Well none of those girls have a fringe.

I plumped from the first one to see if it was Maddie or Zoe that had the fringe that was like a 1980s Tina. And then she appeared: girl with fringe. Still not convinced I sent David a message back with a screenshot (for added helpfulness) to check that this was the girl.

I never had a dress with green puffy sleeves. More's the pity.

He confirmed it was that girl and said 'Do you not see it?'

I don't know, there is a certain Je ne sais quoi about us.
This was my awkward growing-out-the-bowl-haircut stage.

No wait. It's really just the fringe, isn't it?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails