Monday, February 10, 2014

Let's just pretend it's still the weekend, eh?

My new plan to blog every weekend fell at the fourth hurdle. Still, better than the third. Just don't tell Chris, I don't think he's noticed. (And to think I called him my cheerleader.)

So what's been going on with me? Work. Two weeks ago it was a race again time to get exams marked, last week it was to get reports written. But it's all ok, because this week is L6 work experience and as I have two L6 classes, I win big this week. It was funny last week, as one class left my room for the last time, I said 'All the best with your work experience! Do more than make the tea!'. A couple of them said they got really sad at the thought of it being our last class…for two weeks! Haha! I may have upped the crazy, banterful Miss B. a smidge. But I hold on to the memory of my idol in History teaching Mrs. Gregory, who wouldn't go a period without telling us about some trauma that had befallen her kids' goldfish or some such, and she wouldn't say Stanley Baldwin in anything other than a Yorkshire accent. And sure I did alright, didn't I? I love History!

[I've just looked up where Stanley Baldwin was from. Turns out it wasn't from Yorkshire as I was led to believe but I'm pretty sure that was the accent she did. How does a Worcestershire accent even go?]

When I haven't been working I've been doing extra-curricular stuff. On Friday afternoon we had a politician in school, which was exciting. Not least because she arrived in school 15 minutes while I was still teaching. Class abandoned. Then in the evening there was a school concert on so I went to that. As if I wasn't proud already of the students in my school they go and show off how musical they are too.

On Saturday morning, I went to (the school) hockey. Of course I did. Ra ra. I had some work to do with my spectating clearly though, because last time I went to see them they lost. In the intervening weeks I've really worked on my support, clapping and motivating cheers. All my hard work paid off as they won  and are into the final. You're welcome girls.

On Saturday afternoon I went to see the nephews and niece! Good times. Although, from my lofty position of Coolest Aunt Ever there was only one way to go…down. I happened to get him the same present that someone else got him. A fact that a new 5 year old isn't able to hide. Good job he loves me for more than the gifts I give him, eh?!

On Sunday I had a well earned sit on the sofa. For approximately seven hours. I'm not joking. It was an important time to collect my thoughts on the week, catch up on the rugby and watch some Olympics. Two words: The Jones! How brilliant  is Slopestyle? In the evening I went for a run. I know, I got off the sofa and then I did my ironing. Positively productive.

But like I said, just don't mention this is a day late, ok?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails