Sunday, January 01, 2017

Awkward silence

So hi. How have you been?

It's 2017. Officially. All round the world in fact. The last time I wrote on my blog it was 2014. Aah. I remember it well, just like it was, well, 2-3 years ago.

It'd be rude not to mention the silence on my blog and I suppose there's a few reasons why I stopped writing on here. Primarily my life was school and I can't really write about that. Child protection and all that. And you know me, I'm a professional. (Yes, I'm sure if there was one word my students would use to describe me, it would be 'professional'.). But my life was too much about work and I didn't have time to write about it. Yet funny and meaningful stuff in my life happens in school. All. The. Time.

My other problem was Blogger making it it difficult. Photos were nigh-on impossible to easily upload and format. And I refer you to my earlier time reason (or maybe excuse, depending on your view). It took time to write this pile of anecdotes. (Or neckties as my phone just corrected it. I suppose it does take time to write neckties too. Scientists don't even quite know how long it takes.)

But I missed it. I missed writing. I missed documenting. I miss recording.

What's changed though? Why will this be different? Well, my life is less school than it was before. Maybe I'm getting better at it or maybe I care less about winging it but I think I can do this again.

But more importantly, I want to do this again. I want 2017 to be the year I look back and be glad I started blogging again.

Good luck everybody.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails