Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I know about Ribena

I like Ribena. I've liked it from a young age, I like the taste, I like the colour and I especially like that it rhymes with my name. I know how much to put in to make it really good, I know that ice cold water makes it taste even better, and I know that there's not as much Vitamin C as they say there is.

I also know that when it spills, it stains and creates a sticky mess.

This fact was reiterated to me tonight when I got in from school. I was in a rush because I had to read two chapters of the book before Bible Study (I know, check me out, church and a Bible Study!) so I came in to the kitchen to make some Ribena to drink while I read.

The top 'egg shelf' has no eggs so I often use this to set the glass on while I pour my drink. Today as I reached to get ice from the freezer I stupidly closed the fridge door on the glass, knocking it over and spilling Ribena everywhere, seriously, everywhere.

So I now also know that you need about half a roll of kitchen roll to soak a glassful of Ribena up, you've got to wash your S$3.50 Ikea rug immediately upon a Ribena impact, and you should really clean the fridge door seal otherwise when it dries the fridge door is near impossible to open and it'll make that sticky noise when you do manage to prise it open.

But I still like Ribena.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Scott Mills is running a competition to find another person to go on the BBC programme Castaway - one of the four finalists is called Robina. I know enough about Ribena to know not to call my child after it!! Tee hee

Related Posts with Thumbnails