Monday, May 19, 2008

Summer sun

I was driving home there and thought I should write a blog and now that I've come on I can't remember what I was going to say. So no doubt this'll be another random collection of the innards of my brain.

- We played Rounders last night with YF. So much fun. It's been a while since I did that, but some things never change, arguments and cheating a plenty, all in Christian love mind you. Our team came back from 21-6 down to win it 28-26. Quite a turnaround!

- I went into town last week for the first time in forever! And finally made it to Victoria Square. I agree with everyone else, it is freezing and you don't feel like you are in Belfast.

- I am getting into 'I'd Do Anything'. This is really my first look at one of these shows. I think my mum sent me a DVD of early Maria one, but I didn't see any of the Joseph one. I think I want Jodie to win. Or maybe Rachel. Jessie is alright, but I think Samantha is totally forgettable. They all love her though so what do I know. But I think the real question is how is Andrew Lloyd Webber not gay? Seriously.

- May 08's playlist has been made. Here's this month's well read selection:
1. Tenderness on the Block - Shawn Colvin (This is the song at the end of Sliding Doors but tragically not on the soundtrack. This is Shawn's effort which isn't as good as the one on the film but I can't find it anywhere.)
2. Heartbeat - Scouting for Girls (Love, love, love Scouting for Girls. Couldn't pick them out of an identity parade.)
3. Violet Hill - Coldplay (Probably only on here cos it was free, but I do quite like it.)
4. Feeling a Moment - Feeder (This is used all the time in TV shows. It was played at the end of the FA Cup on Saturday in the stadium and you could hear all through the interviews so it put it in my head.)
5. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Barenaked Ladies and Sarah McLachlan (Christmas songs are best at other time of the year, everyone knows that. This is one I heard in America a lot. Totally worth You Tubing it. Apparently they were just messing around, which goes some way to explain why Sarah, dear love her, keeps singing at the end. Genius though.)

- I have a new skill, although I doubt it's one that I can really put on my CV. I can recite all 50 US states in alphabetical order. What can I say, exam invigilation leaves you with a lot of time and not a lot of thoughts. I'd like to prove it to you but you'd just think I pasted them in, so you perhaps can test me next time you see me, see if I've still got it.

- Despite this, a similar attempt at Irish counties (in any order) failed well short of 32.

- Maybe this explains, in part, why I get at least one student a week asking me if I am American.

- The sunny weather has brought out my summer wardrobe, which is now pretty extensive. But last week I found a Day Tripper ticket for Sydney in a pocket. It made me want to cry. I miss being in exciting places.

- That said, I was sitting at City Hall eating my sushi (I know! Check me out, salads and sushi now!) I decided Belfast isn't half bad.


See.

3 comments:

Kaz said...

Rachel to win!! niamh was cool, such a nice girl, and sam sucks!!!
Can u believe Jodie is the same age as me!! looks like an aule doll to me lol

Megs21 said...

Did your team have Ronnie or Jimmy? ;)

Tina said...

Dude! Seriously?! You don't really expect me to be able to answer that?! It's three years ago! But, for the record, I don't think Ronnie was there.

Related Posts with Thumbnails