Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Digital picture magic

Another good day. And just for a change I'm not going to comment on the Olympics (but still feel free to comment Chris!). Today was a good day for 2 reasons.

1. I got my new camera. My old camera which, bless it, had taken about 80% of the photos on here died right before Castlewellan (which I still need to talk about by the way). I was trying to show my mum photos from a wedding I was at and the lens came out and stopped...and nothing. I had the brightest minds on it, well ok, I got my dad to look at it but alas, it could not be revived. 

So I had to choose a new one. For this I needed the help of the brightest minds, well ok, I asked Karen Next Door to help. She pointed towards a couple and this past weekend I researched the options and picked one which arrived today! Of course, It didn't arrive until after my mum's wool arrived. Talk about anti-climax. Doorbell rings, delivery man stands with parcel...which turns out to be wool.

Of course, when you get a new gadget the excitement is put on hold until the battery is charged. After two hours of looking longingly at the silver sleek body of my camera it was ready! So here are a few choice high quality shots from it.

It has a 'children and animals' scene. I told Sox, but he wasn't that bothered.


Bloody wool. (It should be noted that my mum had already started this before the wool arrived. She'd be the first to admit she's not that quick. At knitting, folks, at knitting. You should know she's razor sharp in everything else, well most other things, ok at a lot of things.)

2. The other excitement came via email. Yesterday I updated my status on Facebook to reveal my love of Adrian Chiles. And today, thanks to Brian, a dream came true. Kind of.


Please don't mention my shoulder abnormality, I'm quite sensitive about it.

1 comment:

jools said...

hahahahahaha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hahahahahahh haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ...

i liked that photo ....

Related Posts with Thumbnails