Saturday, October 18, 2008

As if there was a doubt

I normally don't ever blog/email/Facebook on a Saturday night for fear that people will think I'm sad but tonight I don't care. And here's why:

1. I'm packing because I leave for the Carolinas tomorrow so it's not sad to be in tonight.
2. This post will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am sad.

I ironed the clothes mountain today.


Here it be. And that's not a mini laundry basket, just so as you know.

So like I said, this had most of the clothes I brought home from CHW in August and most everything I've worn since:

24 pairs of socks*
26 pairs of knickers*
5 pairs of jammies
38 t shirts/tops/shirts/vest tops
5 pairs of trousers
1 skirt
1 pair of shorts (it had been summer)
7 hoodies

*Please be aware these items have been on a cycle since I got back from CHW, and I have not just worn 26 pairs of knickers in over two months. That's gross.

Told you I'm sad, I counted. What else makes me sad, my wardrobes (yes, plural) don't look particularly lacking.

In other news today, 18th October is a day that will be remembered, by me anyway, as the day I went back to having a fringe. Around about 15 years ago I grew it out, and except for that disaster of a haircut before ICYC in Befast I've never had one since. But today I took the head staggers, as it were, and as Dyanne was cutting away I decided to go back. Dyanne convinced me that with modern technology (GHDs) and a thicker fringe my big old cow lick could be covered up. 

Right now I really like it! I keep raising my eye brows because it feels weird to be able to move my hair. And when I look in the mirror I hardly recognise myself. But I'm also slightly nervous because Dyanne dried it and she's, you know, a professional, and I'm, you know, me. Plus I'm about to travel to a land where GHDs aren't welcome and use a crappy travel hair dryer. Good luck everybody.

Photos no doubt will follow, but I'll maybe wait until I'm somewhere exciting. Oh I can't wait. Free refills, Wal-Mart, the Lake, Fuji Apple Salad, the wedding. I don't know what I'm more excited about!

1 comment:

Kari said...

As an ironing-avoidance guru, I can half your ironing basket without any hassle at all...don't iron underwear, socks, jammies or anything else that the general public won't actually see!
Your welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails