Thursday, October 30, 2008

Home again already

I totally meant to blog more when I was away but lack of tinternet and time got in the way. Suffice to say I had a super time! It really did feel like I was back home again. The wedding was great too and it was so much fun reminiscing about old theme parties! But more about that...tomorrow...maybe. Anyway here are the photo highlights.

New York
I had a few hours in NYC on my way to the Carolinas.

So I walked up to Central Park, the perfect place to spend Sunday afternoon. They're either really prepared for Christmas or the ice rink has always been there and I've never noticed it. But just by the way, there's no way Kate Beckinsale was able to throw that glove and have it land right beside John Cusack in 'Serendipity' and make it to the entrance of the rink in mere seconds. No way.


I walked along 34th Street and past the Empire State Building. It's big alright.


Hello Times Square.

North Carolina
I thought it best to get out of South Carolina while wedding preparations were in the home straight. The last thing Jose and Lindy was a guest to entertain. So of course I headed for I-40 and Hicksville!

I walked around the lake, just like old times. Thankfully these ducks were in the water and so didn't scare me.

One of my favourite houses round the lake has the steepest drive ever (which I'm not sure this photo shows to its fullest). But it looks like they're building some sort of Stannah Stair lift device to help during the winter months. That's smart thinking, they're probably old and house bound come a snowy day.

Ah so pretty. The lake of course, although my back is also lovely (especially that nearly bit of butt I am displaying).

When I arrived Maggie broke the terrible news to me though...


Wal-Mart closed. I guess they tried, but couldn't do it any longer without me.

Oh no wait, they just opened a Super Wal-Mart clear the other side of town. And what's better than Wal-Mart? That's right, Super Wal-Mart!! It's a grocery store and a everything-else-you-could-possibly-want-to-buy store rolled into one. It's hardly a word of lie to say that I spent most of Tuesday in its aisles.

But look what I found?! I looked twice at this Christmas Card, and knew I had to take a photo too. Is this not ex-BBC newsreader Moira Stewart, albeit dressed a wiseman, celebrating the birth of Jesus?!

Mast General Store were also quick to get with Christmas stuff! Check out this Mary, Joseph and little baby Jesus snow globe. I'm sure that's just how it was in Bethlehem. Well, duh, it was winter.

I made time for an appointment in Whitman's for a big stinking Napoleon. Well it would be rude not to.

I also made it to Sonic. But alas the Coconut Cream Pie wasn't on the menu any more. After the disappointment of Panera's lack of Fuji Apple Salad this was not the news I wanted to hear.


Halloween at Maggie's apartment. V. spooky. Her neighbour has too much time on his hand it seems.

So like I said, tomorrow I'll move on the actual wedding and that. But I know you won't be surprised if it doesn't make it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails