Thursday, October 16, 2008

You would think I'm never on the computer

Back again. I know, this is getting ridonkulous. But I'm a busy girl. 'Busy doing what?' I hear you wonder. Well I shall tell you:

1. YF Weekend
It seemed like I had just the place after CHW and I was back again, although there was about 2 months in between. Of course it could be that the ironing from CHW was (and is!) still waiting to be done. Oh I've done washing since, it's just been added to the pile. Hopefully this weekend I'll get round to it. Although I said that last weekend. And a few before that too.


It may have been two months ago, but it looks like it's still recovering from the mud.

Anyway, the weekend was good and all. Although it's a very different event when you are actually in charge of something as opposed to just having a little bit of responsibility. With the number growth, we ended taking away 30 which was great. Not so good was the tiny room we were in, because when we booked it we thought it'd be similar numbers to last year. It did slightly affect what we did, but it was all ok.

My favourite thing we did, actually I have two, was the Sunday Service where each group contributes a song, a thought - something God has been saying to someone/the group, and bible verse etc. It was brilliant to actually hear and see the growth in some people over the weekend and see some of our group raising their hands in worship for the first time. One of the guys made a photo montage video doings and that was brilliant too, kind of showed the journey we'd all been on over 36 hours or whatever it was.

My other favourite part, less holy, was the group games we had late night on Saturday night. We had various rounds to compete in, all taken from TV shows. So we had to sell a product (Dragon's Den), perform a song (X Factor), hummed tunes (Never Mind the Buzzcocks) and Played our Cards Right, complete with massive playing cards Brucie style. 

In the Dragon's Den game our group was given a polly pocket (the stationery product, not the doll). From that we created the Carpel Diem ('Sieze the hand, sieze the day') Mitten Master 4000 and a brilliant infomercial complete with demos as to all the things it can do, such as shield you from chemical attacks, protect your hand from spillages and showed how people don't even know you're wearing it! Even though I say it myself we were brilliant!!

But my personal favourite was the X Factor game. We were given a nursery rhyme and had to sing it to a different tune or in a different style. Ours was 'The Grand Old Duke of York' and the tune we decided on, no scratch that, the tune we kicked ass with was '500 Miles' by the Proclaimers, complete with second verse and repeat choruses (chorusi?) with the boys singing 'Up, up, up' and girls echoing (although with different words) 'down, down, down'. I'm telling you it was an Ivor Novello award winning song.


iPod in, blue sky, and beautiful surroundings. Does it get better?

2. School
Quite dull this so it'll be short. Finally learning the names and actually beginning to like the students. But driving is getting beyond annoying now.

3. Sox
The parents have left me again holding the cat as it were as they're off enjoying all the treats that Italy has to offer. Sox and I now get on quite well. He's reasonably easy to get out in the morning, not like Tigger who'd make you chase her through the house. But one of the plusses Tigger has was the silent meow, where she'd open her mouth and nothing would come out. Not like Sox who, I promise you, meows every other second at his worse. This has resulted in me sounding like my dad 'aww shut up cat!'. Said with love, of course.

4. Cobbling/Bespoke shoemaking
I know, who knew I had the skills? Well let me explain, I got my wedding shoes the other day from the mighty New Look. Excellent and match my outfit perfectly. All except they have bows on them. I don't do bows. So I had a look at them to make sure I could get them off in order to put something else on, and so I did.

They went from this:


Barf-o-rama

To this:


Jimmy Choo has been on the phone.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails