Sunday, December 07, 2008

None of the things I said I need to blog about

I'm at home with the parents today, always good times. Today's started when we realised my dad's winter hat (an old ski hat of mine or David's) was the exact same colours of our hoover. No, really. If that's where it started you can only imagine how it went downhill from there. By the end of lunch we were all sitting modelling our winter hats which just seemed normal until we realised what we were doing.

Now my dad and I are writing Christmas cards. There's lots of 'what is his wife's name?...'Carol! Not Anne at all!'...'Where would I get the address for them?'...'There's another geek I better write to. Pants, pants, pants!' I promise that last one was from my dad and exactly as he said it!

Every so often we'll break into one of those round robin Christmas letters your acquaintances (took me forever to spell that right!) so loving send you...'We can hardly believe another year has passed...we have had a wonderful year... X continues to work hard at the office (and at the Golf Club!)...Whilst X has taken up the new hobby of soapmaking...the grandchildren continue to provide much amusement [insert witty grandchildren story here]...so friends as another year draws in, join with us in appreciating all this year has brought.'

Actually, you probably won't be surprised to learn we get a bit excited when those come in so I shouldn't mock.

The other day though, I got an insert way better than a Christmas letter. Oh yes! No really. It was a scanned in article from a local newspaper's around and about section. As my scanner is up in the big smoke I shall try to recreate it for you.

Rocky Mountain News Gazette Wed, November 12th, 2008

Community Eye

BEARLY VISIBLE
XXXX had a late night visitor when a bear came calling. "I thought this might be a good public service reminder to bring one's bird feeders, or at least place them out of reach" said XXXX. The family lives near Rocky Heights. "Hopefully, he/she is now hibernating."

See! Informative, newsy and funny! That's how they do round robin letters in Colorado my friends!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails