Sunday, May 15, 2011

Channel surfing

[Hmm. This should have posted on Wednesday but it didn't. Maybe because Blogger was down. Maybe because I did something wrong. Who knows? But here it is now.]

Don't you just love the way there's suddenly a new channel on Sky that you never knew existed. Not Sky Atlantic; that one was plugged for way too long, made to sound exciting and then turned out to be rubbish.

Just the other week, there I was going through the channels looking for something decent on and up pops Sony Entertainment. Never heard of it. But it couldn't be that back because it was showing Dawson's Creek. Ever keen to remember my trip to Wilmington, NC, I took a look at it, careful to observe anything I might have seen.

Mitch was still alive so the headstone was out, Dawson's bedroom was in it. But then it always it and aside from green paint, there's little to get excited about. So during a bit where Dawson is looking for Joey all over town I looked up my photos of that trip and there it was. 'Capeside' gold.

That's Joey on the pier. She's fallen out with Dawson over something 'monumentally huge in their albeit flickeringly short existence'. Or something like that.

Joey? Joey? Where are you located in this wide expanse we call earth? I think we need to dialogue some of our angst by using a lexicon of words and phrases our contemporaries can only imagine  during their REM sleep cycles.

So you'll notice the bridge and the river. Lo and behold, look where Megann and I were on our roadtrip!

It's only the same bridge and river.
I know! Katie Holmes and James Van Der Beek once stood in a similar spot! A-maz-ing!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails