Monday, May 09, 2011

Dog owners of the world unite

Dear dog owners and walkers of the world,

I'm delighted that you get to go out and enjoy the outdoor world with your best friend. I really hope you enjoy it. From the evidence I see around me, it seems you do. Now I, myself, I like dogs as much as the next person...who's not particularly fussed on them. But I understand something of your dog centric world. You have to take your dog for walks with some sort of tennis ball flinger and a supply of plastic bags. You rarely see a dog walker without those two things, it's like you can't be part of the club without them.

But here's the thing. Would it be too much to ask for you to keep them on a lead? I ask because I was attacked yesterday by one of your brethren. Now, don't worry I wasn't hurt. But I definitely did not enjoy the experience. There I was out for a run/walk and there was one of your lot, dog sitting beside his master on the golden steps. It seems the hand his owner put out to hold the dog back while I went past wasn't enough. Next thing I know, the dog is leaping all over me, so much so he actually pushed me down one of the steps! But it was ok, apparently, his owner assured me 'he wouldn't bite me'. You'll not mind if I don't take my chances on that one. A lead would have stopped the whole thing. The dog would have been restrained and I wouldn't have looked like I was running a cross-country. Everyone's a winner.

Many thanks in advance and happy lead-wearing walking!
Tina

1 comment:

21Ruthy said...

here here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails