Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Methodist Newsletters of yesteryear (Part 2)

Funny adverts only took my so far in my amusement writing my dissertation. The Newsletters from the Czechoslovakian farmer years onwards were full of photos. I found it practically impossible to turn a page without looking to see who was in them. More often than not I found someone I knew!

If you worked for the Church, have been on Team on Mission or received into full membership chances are there's a photo of you in there. I laughed at it and then took a picture of it (again, just my phone, no flash, please don't throw me out of the Historical Society).

In the interests of...well humour I thought I'd share some of my finds. However, this is a bit of a risky post to make. First of all if you're not that involved in the Methodist Church you might not have a clue and be bored by it all. Or if you are, you might enjoy it or more worryingly, never speak to me again.

Let's just remember that Methodists are the friends of all and I post these photos full of Christian love.

Quite the head of hair you... all have there! And nice waistcoat! And boys, what ties!
Again, all the hair!
On the plus side, they could have used this photo when your engagement was announced.
I am stunned that I had to find out from the Newsletter of your hula hooping skills. 
>insert jokes here<
I don't even know what to say.
A haircut we're more familiar with! Kind of.
Proving that he's always been a hit with the laydeez.
Who's hiding under her fringe?!
YET with two young ministers to be.

Here's one of them again!


I love the stripy trousers!
The blonde years?
These are definitely the curtain years.
Oh young love!
Just young.
You're right that is Jenny Bristow encased by Team Barclay.
I feel like I'm back at BHS where these two ruled the school. Or so they they liked to think.
Mamma S!
I don't know, I think this photo was staged.
I doubt those of at the YET & TOM celebration night will ever forget this moment. It's good the Newsletter had their photographer there.
The boys don't look that different, but I included it because it's got Sasha the Wonderdog in it!
Check out the side burns!
This is the face that goes along with his infamous prayer voice. It's very serious.
I think it's grossly unfair to have a membership photo where you actually look good!
Knock new membership gold!

Friends of all, remember?!

[Don't worry, you'll definitely enjoy Part 3. I guarantee it.]

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails