Thursday, October 27, 2011

Unplayed

I'm been working on my computer tonight so thought I'd play some music. I was a bit bored of whatever was playing and thought it'd be a good idea to play some of the tracks I've never played before. I was shocked, shocked I say to discover there are 3039 of them. Three thousand and thirty nine of them! Are you kidding me?! Even taking out the 133 re-imported voice memos (love you iOS 5) that's 2906 songs I've never listened to. I've gone to the trouble of putting them on there and never listened to them. Why, why?

Some of the things are just recent imports from #TinaLostinSpace but there's still some surprising songs, either because I have them, or because I've never listened to them, and of course there's some no-great-shock-I've-never-listened-to-you songs.

Here are some examples:

Category 1 - Songs I can't believe I have
Lost Pup (in a Christmas Shop) - Adam Faith (Seriously? What?)
Venus - Bananarama (No way, I have that?)
Axel F - Crazy Frog (You are making a mockery of my iTunes.)
Hero - Enrique Iglesias (I don't have a lighter, that's probably why I've never play this)
Let's Face the Music and Dance - Fred Astaire (He sung too, did he? Huh.)
Any Dream Will Do - Jason Donovan (Fear not, I've played Too Many Broken Hearts)
The Rain in Spain - My Fair Lady (Well I know the film, forgotten I had the soundtrack.)

Cateogory 2 songs - Songs I'm surprised I've never played
Make You Feel My Love - Adele (I'm not that fond of this song, which is unfortunate because I watch the X-Factor. )
Chasing Pavements - Adele (Yeah, no, not this one either. Still thought it might have sneaked in there though.)
Hand in Pocket - Alanis Morriestte (Really?! Definitely thought this would have been played once, at least for teenage memories sake.)
Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler (Oh come on Tina, play a power ballad!)
Prospekt's March EP - Coldplay (I have no excuse to offer you.)
Home - Dixie Chicks (Again, I heart the Chicks.)
Things Can Only Get Better - D:Ream (This once was the lead song on Top Tunes, my homemade tape compilation tapes so this does shock me a bit.)
Standing Still - Jewel (Shocked. She's brilliant.)
I've Been Everywhere - Johnny Cash (I'm sure I've listened to this, maybe I have it twice?)
Kids - MGMT (Hmm, I'm not, like, a massive fan, but I would have thought this would have got played one time.)
Losing My Religion -REM (No. Way. Surely I would have played this at some point. If you had to name one REM song chances are this would be it.)

Category 3 - No shock here
No Matter What - Boyzone (Whine on boys.)
Sacrifice - Elton John (My least favourite Elton John song ever. Ev-er. Even more than Diana Candle in the Wind which makes everyone cringe nowadays.)
Some Day My Prince Will Come - Disney (Tests have shown this song can make your ears bleed.)
When a Man Loves a Woman - Percy Sledge (Boke.)
Most anything by The Killers (Aside from Mr. Brightside, I'm not a fan. There I said it.)
Most anything by The Kooks (Say your Rs right and I might listen to you.)
Most anything by Lionel Ritchie (You can whine on as well.)
Most anything by Mariah Carey (Dreamlover? Do me a favour.)
Most anything by The Prodigy (At the risk of sounding 90 it's just noise.)

So I started working my through the list, but I couldn't do it. Aside from the fact it would take ten and a half days, it was just too painful for the most part. So now I'm just picking out the real travesties of justice and playing them, you know like I Know Where It's At - All Saints.

Now where are my oversized cargo pants?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails