Friday, July 14, 2006

Another post?! Crazy!

I thought I’d write a quick blog just before I head to bed.

-It is hotter that Hades out here, which is odd because the sun doesn’t appear to shine too much. Haven't seen a blue sky since I left, which is having a negative affect on my hard earned tan. But hurrah for air con. My weather lady shows the temperature but that is really of little significance, the percentage number is the humidity. That’s the killer right there.


- Koreans put sweetcorn on pizza. I have concluded therefore that it is only America where this seems an odd custom. So far we have avoided the Kim Chi. Any doubts of God’s existence can now be banished.

-It's all gone a bit West Wing here with people working in Hotel rooms. Have yet to hear anyone to say 'can I've the room?' though. While I work in my room I have the TV on. There is only two channels that are in English, CNN and the US Army channel. The Army Channel is better than it sounds with all the top US shows. They do have funny adverts though, telling what is coming up on various barracks and giving you the weather for the whole of eastern Asia.

- My phone not working out here has meant that I have missed a few golden opportunities to take photos (now that I’ve found my memory card adaptor!). Eg. There was a big protest going on about the Free Trade Agreement and rice imports. It had more riot police than I have ever seen. They weren’t needed as there was no fighting from the paddy farmers and there was certainly no tear gas dispensed. This meant though that hundreds of police were put into organised rows sitting on their helmets waiting for the announcement that they were to go to war. Another opportunity missed came when I went past a Royal Palace (ten a penny here) and there was some sort of changing of the guard going on. These were the same men that I had a photo of before, you know the ones that looked like they had escaped from the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics? Apparently they don’t just roam in the streets in full regalia. Good to know.

- I don't understand where the time has come for blogging and email writing. It seems like we aren't working but maybe it just seems like that because I was working ridiculous hours in the weeks before we left. Although this will probably change next week as people begin to arrive.
I have a few more chapters for my book now we're here, but for right now it’s off to bed! Have a good Friday night y’all!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails