Monday, July 31, 2006

Goodbye Atkins

So yes, I am back from Korea. No doubt there will be more about that in the coming days and weeks. Suffice to say I am enjoying being back in the North Carolinian sunshine and heat for many, many reasons.

One thing that I did not enjoy is just days after being back I had to move house. It’s hard to believe that I came to the new world with nothing more than the shirt on my back (and two suitcases in my hands - although not at the same time, damn heavy). Moving house took several car trips and many boxes. Bodes well don’t you think?!


I'm hoping that when they clean my old house, they don't find out about the sofa covers I shrunk in my first few days in Atkins. Although, I can’t imagine there’d be any sort of problem, I bought them a new cover from Wal-Mart. In fact, I did them a favour, the old one was uuuggggly.

One word of advice should you ever move house, when trying to turn your water on, it’s best not to turn off the neighbour’s. It does nothing for community relations. He already seemed suspicious of me (probably due to me being under 70 and having an accent). Maybe I should call round later to say sorry. Again. I could bring him some water related gift. I was thinking maybe a goldfish or some bubble bath to celebrate his newly turned on water. That would win him around I'm sure.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails