Friday, October 14, 2005

Oops again!

Last night I thought I’d b really smart and move my second sofa (I have two!) to make an L-shape in my living room. When I did this I decided that it looked a bit minging and so looked to see if I could take off the covers and wash them. To my joy I could! I went to the washing machine to see if I could understand how it worked. American washing machines are weird, I have some experience of the from camp. (I’ll give you an example, on the settings like delicates and regular, there’s a setting to permanent press. What is permanent press?) So I happily took off the covers and bundled them in the machine and off they went. I made my dinner and all the while heard the machine going, I had a smug satification that they were being cleaned. The sofa is not, well how do I say it? It’s not to my tastes! So I had planned to get a throw to put over it. For right now all I wanted was to know it was clean. I heard the machine stop and eagerly went over to it. When I lifted one cushion cover out, I don’t know why, but I thought I’d check to make sure it hadn’t shrunk before putting it in the dryer. To my absolute horror when I laid the cover over the cushion it was a about 15cm too small!! Agh! ‘Maybe it’s the wrong way round? Maybe it’s the wrong cushion!’ Nope it was all right! I would type the words I actually said but I don’t think they are befitting a princess! When I went back to the machine I discovered a dial which had the options hot, cold, normal! Guess which one it was set to?


Yeah so that’s not going to fit anymore!

But here’s where Walmart comes into its own. They sell sofa covers. So I went out to get one, the one I chose was slightly too big so I need to take it back today. But where else could you get a cover for your sofa at 8.30pm? Yeah, ok maybe K Mart!

This morning I had to wait for the cable man to come. He gave us the hours of 8.00am-10.00am. While I was waiting I decided to do my dishes from last night. I broke one of Art and Betty’s glasses (as in drinking, I did not take their spectacles!). They said it didn’t matter what I broke, so long as it wasn’t their set of 3 bowls that were a wedding present (they’ve been married 48 years) so now I think I will put those away in the back of the cupboard. I was using one as a fruit bowl but I’d rather buy a cheap bowl from Walmart than break it! Might also buy some glasses too, then I can take at least some of hers back.

I’m still waiting for my posting address to be sorted. You would think it’d be easy? Not here! Apparently the postman doesn’t deliver on my street and it’s further complicated by the fact we now need to split the address into A and B. So I might need to get one of those wee boxes with a key, or maybe a PO box, but David also needs to change his address! Crazy! But rest assured the prizes will be worth your while! Ooooooh!


I thought this was an interesting choice to have in the supermarket. They are candles with Jesus and different Saints on them. What’s more curious is where they were located in the supermarket - on the aisle with sweet and sour sauce! Oh I ordered my ‘cell phone’, no fear it has a camera too! More surreptitious photos then!

1 comment:

judsweeney said...

she's back in business www.judywudy.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails