Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Beep beep

George (General Secretary = big boss) and Peter (finance man) just took me out to the front of the office to show me what could be my new car!! It's a Ford Taurus (I think maybe like a Mondeo) and it's automatic. It's also huge. They made me drive it! Crikey! I mean World Methodism would have had the worst day ever if I had crashed. They also helpfully pointed out that they were both fathers and grandfathers. No pressure then! I did ok though. I thought they'd be nice and take me on little roads. Oh no, I must have impressed them with my driving skills because soon enough we were on big roads. We went back to the car dealership and there I also drove a Ford Focus (but with a boot) and I have that one overnight. So now I have to decide which I want.

Plus points of the Focus
  1. It's smaller
  2. Has better fuel economy

Plus points of the Taurus
  1. Nicer to drive
  2. Remote central locking
  3. Arguably safer because it's bigger (perhaps this should get bonus points because of my increased chances of crashing?)

Really can't decide which to go for. The WMC have got it as a donation so cost isn't an issue. Hmm...what do to?

George and Peter actually laughed out loud when I said the only people in the UK to drive automatics were those who were too stupid to drive manuals. Hee hee! They said 'Americans are too stupid then?'. I declined to respond and gave a polite laugh. I think my next move should be to the UN, what with all the diplomacy skills I'm picking up!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails