Sunday, October 09, 2005

Hello my 18

Apparently the average Briton has 18 friends. There are loads of types, family, neighbours and even carers. This was in the Daily Mail that I got free on the plane (Right up to date with my reading!). Right beside it had a little bit about a study that discovered factors involved in making someone happy. It said that children and pets were important factors in peoples’ happiness. Fair enough. But interestingly this study said the greatest single factor in making someone miserable is the number of times a person uses their mobile phone. The more you use it, the more unhappy you become. Huh. Why do you suppose that would be? I suppose it depends what you are using it for. I imagine that executives and brokers and what not would use their phones a lot and I also imagine that they lead stressful lives and that might make them unhappy. I like using my phone and I use it a fair amount. But I use to text and call my 18 friends. I’ve never had a stressful job where I had to call colleagues about important and stressful things. So I think the study is wrong, I don’t the correlation is about the number of times you use your phone, it’s about what you use your phone for.

1 comment:

pamelaalgie said...

but maybe if you use your phone to text and no-one texts you back that would make you sad.

Related Posts with Thumbnails