Friday, October 21, 2005

‘Did you learn that when I was in Woodwork?’ (A true HIGNFY fan will understand the reference)

Art and Betty dropped round some magazines for me yesterday. They promised them when I was round borrowing kitchen stuff, and as Virginia would say, bless their hearts! I wasn’t expecting Heat or OK but what they gave me kind of reminded me of the game that they play on ‘Have I got News for You’.






A selection of my current reading – Backyard Living, Country Woman and Wonderful West Virginia. In Backyard Living there’s even a competition to win a Mantis Tiller! Nope, I don’t know what it is either!

So this week our guest publications are Birds & Blooms (Beauty in your own backyard) and Country (For those who live in or long for the country). Yes, those are the actual taglines.

1. You just can’t _______ ______________ in the country

2. Building confidence with ______ _______________

So if you’re bored you can fill in the blanks, laugh on your own or email them to me and give us all something to chuckle at. Answers will follow next week.

3 comments:

MinisterMoo said...

Tina, your astounding journalistic skills have prompted me to start a blog also. It is green and boring. I called it Random Moos.

I look forward to seeing how you develop your gardening skills over the next few months... :-)

Tina said...

Oh cool! I shall put a link to you!And will check in with eager anticipation! Xxx

Susie Sunshine said...

I grew up in VERY rural Michigan. Here are the the correct answers to your questions from someone who walked the walk (and got cowshit on her shoes in the process).

1. drink Starbucks

2. rampant mediocrity

Related Posts with Thumbnails