Sunday, June 17, 2007

Ch-ch-changes

I’ve been home over a week now, can’t believe the time has gone so quick. This time next week I’ll be getting up, ready to start a brand new term. Rage.

Five months is not an inordinate amount of time but I’ve noticed a few things different, things like:

- adverts are all different.
- there’s a new traffic island in Kilroot. Purpose unclear.
- packaging on Quavers.
- the aisles in the Spar in the ‘Head are all different.
- The Outlet is up and running.
- there’s a new/second entrance at the Primary School.
- there’s a tool box in the back of my car. (I think my dad thinks it’ll help me in a roadside emergency. He should know better.)
- my ability to parallel park went as quickly as it appeared (when I came home from NC I could, when I came home from Singapore I definitely can’t).
- Belfast Tech is now called the Metropolitan College. Fancy. (Although you can dress it up any way you like to, it’ll always be the Tech, just like the UUJ will always be the Poly.)
- I left town at 5.00pm on Thursday thinking I’d get stuck in major traffic. Nothing. I didn’t even have to move out of 5th gear.
- smoking* has been banned.


However like the saying goes, the more things change the more they stay the same:

- June is still no guarantee of good weather. And it can change at a moment's notice.
- Ant and Dec are still kings of entertainment.
- YF still doesn’t start on time. (In fact, it doesn’t even start in the vicinity of on time.)
- a Rinkha ice cream is still hard to beat, especially dipped and with a flake.
- Fern and Phil are still daytime TV gods and have the ability to laugh for three minutes at the slightest fluffed line. This still makes me laugh.
- my room is still untidy.
- Sox is still the most spoilt cat in the world. (I feel a rant coming on about this one which I might save for later.)


The saddest change I have to report is nothing to do with being away or coming back, but my wireless on my laptop has ceased to be. Heartbroken.

*You shouldn't smoke, it's bad for you.

2 comments:

Neil J M said...

Well since I 'fail' so hard at fixing laptops, I thought I'd just come on here and say.... HA HAH!

J.H.

Tina said...

Maybe you fixed it afterall!

Related Posts with Thumbnails