Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Answers

I'm all done with marking! Yeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaa! 

During the trauma that is was, there were the occassional answers that kept me going because they were so incredibly funny. Well, all things are relative. You might find some of them funny too. (Only some require prerequestite knowledge so I've linked what they were aiming for.)

Just plain wrong
Yes, look for the positive but when things are wrong, they are wrong.

'In Bush v. Gore, the Supreme Court decided the outcome of the election despite Bush having 50,000 less votes that John Kerry.' 
Emm...I'm sure John Kerry would have loved for Bush have had less votes than him. Sadly the electorate thought differently.

'The Supreme Court is becoming a quasi-legal body.' 
I'm pretty sure you mean quasi-legislative, but that does put a whole new spin on it.

'George Bush introduced the 'No Child Left Alone' Act'. 
That sounds like a whole different kind of law to me.

'There are three branches of government, the legislature, judiciary and _____________.' 
I imagine some sort of blind panic took over them and they just couldn't remember the President part of US government.

'George Bush has built the country back up from a ruins through courage and unity.' 
Seriously?

Getting the name wrong
Always makes me laugh.

'Justice Feelgood was the first black justice.' 
Maybe that's what his wife called him?

'Brian de Montesquieu's idea of separation of powers...' 
I can't help but think the idea would never have caught on if he'd been called Brian. (Sorry Brian.)

Civil liberties
Oh no.

'People are tortured by submerging them in water'. 
Makes it sound like some sort of mean pool party.

'Personal freedoms has become very tight to the extent where the amount of liquids that people can carry on planes has been strictly limited to just 100ml, that's one-fifth of a can of pop!'
Yeah, because that's the sort of reduction of civil liberties we should be most annoyed about.

'Torture people all you want - what they say may not be true.' 
I suppose that's just the risk you take when you engage in illegal activities. I think caution has already been thrown to the wind.

'As soon as terrorism is mentioned the Constitution goes out the window.' 
'Out the window'? Brilliant.

'I feel people should stand trial and then be punished. Not be punished and then possibly stand trial. That's not how the law works.' 
Someone should tell those people over in Guantanamo.

'There would not be as much concern for homeland security had the USA not decided to invade countries like Iraq and Afghanistan in the first place. In this respect, the Constitution is ineffective in protecting people's civil liberties.' 
Right.

Saying it in more words than needed
And don't let punctuation confuse the matter.

'However the claim may be backed by some who believe that the more power that is given the harder it is to take back that power once it has been gotten used to in the fear that the Supreme Court may receive too much power and become a super power.' 
Huh?

Time wasting 
These were brilliant! And so quick to put zero on!

'On the second day I met a super man so I named it super Tuesday. It was a super day because I had lots of super fun doing absolutely nothing. I wasn't even writing.' 
Your gain is the writing world's loss. 0.

'There are 228 tables and chairs in this room.' 
Bless them, they even showed their working. 0.

'How powerful is this madness? This is stupid. In a strange way. I'm actually being paid to take this. 20 minutes left. Invigilator just chill.'
And I'm getting paid to mark it! Everyone's a winner! 0.

'How about train of thought. How interesting. This table, the grain, my grandma, her house, jaffa cakes and lemonade, cardboard, small TV. See how strange it is, it's hard to keep up.'
Yes, please stop now. 0.

'I have an offer for university and however it does not require Politics and I do not enjoy Politics. After my offer I wanted to withdraw, yet this was not possible, I was too late.'
Well that's a relief for me. 0.

This was one of my favourites. And by far the most courteous. It even shows an interest in politics.


But no more marks.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails