Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Disaster

Yesterday the power went out in school. The worst thing about that was that the bells were all messed up.

Today there was a gas leak. We were all evacuated and stood outside for 2 hours while the good people from Phoenix worked on it. I've had experience before of trying desperately to keep students' spirits up (at last year's National Day Parade at school. They couldn't see or hear anything and were about to expire in the heat.) but this was worse. It was cold and for two hours all I heard was 'Miss, can I just go home...' 'Miss I can see my house from here...' 'I'm calling my mum and she's going to pick me up...'. Right-o. My attempts at a sing-along failed this time!

But as I was leaving today, the caretakers reminded me to bring my wellies tomorrow. Tomorrow is flood day apparently. 

Good to know.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails