Sunday, May 24, 2009

Burbank of the north

So there I was, a couple of weeks ago, catching up on my Sky+. We had got dangerously low on percentage and things needed to be watched and/or deleted. 'Best: His Mother's Son' was about an hour and half long so I thought that would be a good candidate.

Did you see it? It was alright. I don't know how much of it was true, and it wasn't helped with the disclaimer that some things were made up. But which ones?

Anyway, there I was watching it and somewhat losing interest. When, about 35 minutes in apparently, it grabbed my attention.


This is the chip shop George brought his mum and dad in the programme. (Is that true? Did he really?)


No? Don't see it? You're not from the 'head then.


It's our local chippy! Both inside and outside shots were used.



Since filming they've obviously decided to paint it this ugly red. Maybe even with the money they got for using it. Probably to stop autograph hunters.

Anyway, when I showed it to the parents they were equally impressed that we'd made it to the small screen. Turns out the church was even used for the production crew. I imagine it was chocker with all their trailers and what not. You know these actor types.

After all that though, I have sufficiently interested my parents in the programme so it's still on our Sky+. Rage.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails