Monday, June 15, 2009

1972 isn't a kick in the pants off forty years ago

I did something today I thought I would never do in my teaching career. Something, if I'm honest, I hoped I would never do.

I had to show the Nicky Cruz video, 'The Cross and the Switchblade'. 

Yes, RE departments are still showing it. It looked old, felt old, and was old when I had to watch it in school fifteen years ago. Then I thought, as I did today, an amazing story is getting lost in a crappy old dated film.

Seriously Hollywood. I think you'd make your money back on the remake on DVD sales to RE departments alone.

**Hold. The. Phone. 
**Shut. Up.
**And. Other. Phrases. To. Imply. Shock.


Ssh...if you listen carefully you can hear a hundred thousand RE teachers saying thank you!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails