Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Let’s see

Where are we up to? It’s been a while since I last blogged so I’ll try to fill you in.

Last week, everything was about the school fair. Each class had to come up with a game, which is fine in theory but when you have a first year form class then they can’t really navigate their way through the organisation required. Thus I spent most of the week chivvying them to bring in the materials, get things made and generally pull the whole thing off.

Our game, picked by the class (with only a small amount of manipulation from me), was ‘Teacher Torture’ or ‘throw darts at pictures of teachers’ (their first attempt at the name). Most of the teachers we asked were up for it and some were definitely more popular than others.

Saturday was the fair itself, and the parents running it pulled out all the stops in creating the über fair. There were over fifty, as in five zero food stalls with all different sorts of food, an all day concert with ‘celebrities’ (I knew none of them!) and then all the games the classes had.

Sounds good, except that I was at school at 7.45am and didn’t leave until 6.15pm. And what was worse is that everything was outside. So not only was it the über fair, it was the über sauna fair. I reckon I lost half my body weight in sweat throughout the day.

That said, my class did well. Much better than coconut bowling on one side of us and golf putting on the other. Looking at the total amount taken from each game, we had the most business! This requires only marginal bending of the data (lies, damn lies and statistics?). All the games that raised more were higher priced games (like Laser Quest - $15). Our game cost £3 so we had over 400 people come play. Hence we win.

On Sunday I did nothing to do with school. I did my shopping, bought a noodle for the pool, and slept. Not necessarily in that order.

This week has been busy enough, even with my planning done last week. When I plan ahead, like I did last week, I forget what all my notes mean and what I’m supposed to do. Another reason for last minute planning I feel. I redecorated my room today. I like this one a lot. I forgot to take photos but no doubt will do so soon. Might take me a while to get them on here and by that time it’ll be changed again.

What else? Oh birthday card response is disappointing. Today all I got was a bill. Boo hiss. Still, I’m ready for an influx. Texts are likely to go unanswered at present too as my phone is suffering from a motherboard failure preventing the number buttons from working, crucial to text message writing you’ve got to say.

So that’s about it for now.

1 comment:

Linda said...

one question...what's a 'noodle for the pool'?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails