Sunday, July 22, 2007

No. 27, Singapore

And a Happy Tina Day one and all!

As I was thinking about my birthdays I realised that this should actually be the 27th Annual International Tina Day (technically there's an argument that it's the 28th but that makes me seem older than I am!) because recently I have had more out of the country than in:

27 - Singapore
26 - Seoul, Korea
25 - Teresopolis, Brazil
24 - Befast, N. Ireland
23 - Whitehead, N. Ireland
22 - Jordanstown, N. Ireland
21 - Boyne Falls, Michigan
20 - Tulsa, Oklahoma


And two of those in the country were at international conferences so thus I have now decided Tina Day is International! (Also this is the first in a while without Dee! Sad!) Pre-twenties I think the furtherst abroad I was for my birthday was maybe Holland, although I can't remember if my actual birthday was there or my mum just bought my card there. It had a spinny wheel to select how old you were and the greeting. Very functional. I actually don't remember many of my pre-twenties birthdays at all, my birthday was usually a non-event as friends were away and all that. Although I do remember a few parties and presents. Like my Care Bear mug I got when I was about five. To this day, milk tastes better from it. And I remember the day after my sixth birthday Sarah Ferguson married Prince Andrew! Maybe that's why I love national events?


Anyway, so far the day has been way better than last year. Like Christmas, this is a day where it's allowed, nay, expected to get up early. So I was up at 8.30am. I opened my cards and even a present and checked my emails. Then the doorbell went. Thinking it was upstairs about the leaky bathroom, I thought bad thoughts about them. But when I looked through the peep hole I saw a man with balloons and flowers!


When I opened the door, it got even better, he had cake!


Then I watched an episode of The West Wing whilst eating my Birthday Breakfast of a frozen drink and Mini Roll (again like Christmas, it's ok to have chocolate for breakfast on your birthday). Then I went out for church. After church we went out for lunch where I had the biggest Sundae I have ever seen. Once they heard it was the 27th Annual International Tina Day they even gave it to me for free!



Blowing out the candle!

So now I am just back from the pool (played with the noodle) and now need to get ready for a barbeque at Clare's.

Marvellous.

3 comments:

Linda said...

the noodle becomes clear! if only i had used the genius of google - silly me! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!! xo

Tina said...

Or Wikipedia!! Thanks!

MinisterMoo said...

Grrr, silly me - forgot about the time difference, I should have said Happy Birthday to you on Saturday!

But Happy Birthday anyway! Glad you had a good day. Who knows where the next one will be?...

Related Posts with Thumbnails