Monday, July 02, 2007

Yesterday

During my stint in the Department Nicky and Heidi were booking their holiday to Australia. They had a long wait in Singapore to change planes so I was told I would have to meet them at the airport with some sandwiches.

We did so much better than that.



I even had a sign for them. They missed this entirely though as they walked out another door about 100m away from me.


It still made them laugh though.

After the initial round of hugs, Nicky said words that I believe he would later regret ‘I thought it was supposed to sweltering in this country?’ Ah, the benefits of air con. I feel like I go on about it all the time, so it was good to have confirmation that it is actually really hot and humid here.


We saw Raffles Hotel, the Parliament and walked along the river marvelling at people running a fun run. Then we stopped for breakfast/lunch/dinner (depending on your jet lag).


Of all the fine eateries in Singapore we went here. No we actually did.


Then we got a bum boat (that’s what they’re called!)


Nicky was king of the world (albeit a more lethargic one).


All too soon their time in Singapore was over and they were heading back through to the gates. Note the matching his and hers backpacks. Bless.


It good to have them here, and fun to show part of my world to my friends. I'm already looking forward to my next visitors. And they're here for the best part of two weeks!

1 comment:

Kaz said...

Hooters does grea chicken..pity about the scenery though. Girls in orange hot pants don't really do it for me.!

www.karenmcclintock.co.uk
hehe

Related Posts with Thumbnails