Thursday, July 19, 2007

They're supposed to be the third easiest

Coconut Kisses
Fifteens
Top Hats


That's the order of easiness for 'baking'. Only not in Singapore. I thought I would have a party for my class. Cake was out because I don't have a mixer so I thought of Top Hats. Couldn't get much more simple right? Wrong. Here's why.


1. The cases seem slightly too small.

2. You can only get American marshmallows in supermarkets which are not the same at all. They're cylindrical for a start. And they have too much air in them. So I had to go down to Orchard Road to get some M&S ones.

3. Chocolate here has way too much fat in it. I think it's to stop it melting in shops but this does not make it easy to get it in tiny bun cases. It kind of gloops in.

4. The condensation from the Smarties being in the fridge made the colours run.


But I bet no other teacher bakes their class Top Hats to celebrate their birthday! So leave it.


PS Birthday card count is still depressing. Nothing, nothing in the mail box today. Not even a junk mail flyer wishing me a good day! Che!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails