Friday, September 07, 2007

Stand up for the Ulster Girls!

Tonight was crucial for NI to make it through to the 3rd place playoffs and so I was pleased that I showed up as their sole supporter (wearing my greenest t-shirt and greenish eye shadow!)


I hoped the banner would provide the team with the lift they needed.



I taped my banner up and looked on as the girls saw it. They took photos and then chanted 'we're not Australia, we're Northern Ireland. I was delighted that they seemed to get a boost from it!


After a bit of a shaky start they were on their way!




In the 3rd quarter, they finally begin to pull away and stayed there.


The glorious scoreboard! Pah Canada!


Sadly I only managed to capture the last seconds of the celebration but you can just about hear 'we're Northern Ireland'!



So I think I can now declare myself the eighth man!

1 comment:

Kaz said...

Nice one, I'm sure that was a good day out! Did ya's all go to the pub and get blocked after ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails