Saturday, September 29, 2007

Still here

Here I am!! Sorry apparently I had little to say. I know that normally doesn't stop me but I also had no time this week to do anything. So here's the update:

1. I woke up at 7.40am. So unimpressed. I was hungry too so although I tried, I failed to get back to sleep. Grrr. Although the blueberry pancakes at 8.30am were nice.

2. I'm going to the Chinese Latern Festival tonight. It's all part of the Mid-Autumn Festival I think. This seems a tad early to me to be mid-autumn. As part of deal
Mooncakes are eaten and given. Everyone goes mad for them. It'll not surprise you to hear I am less keen having the adventureness of a newt (which I think you'll agree are not adventuresome) when it comes to new culinary experiences. But when I tell you it's made with bean paste, lotus seeds and pastry maybe you'll understand. It's really sweet and usually that would encourage me but some of them have a duck egg in the middle. Sweet and salty do not go. Even worse still you can get durian ones. But I'm happy to go look at the lanterns and thus celebrate mid-autumn.

3. A while ago I joined Facebook to fully utilise my internet dossing time. I think it's odd that people I am 'friends' with on Bebo and/or MySpace that I knew an age ago and have hardly spoken to since let alone exchange pleasantries on Bebo and/or MySpace want to be be friends on Facebook. Yet I cannot be mean enough to deny them, I just leave them hanging.

4. Speaking of internet dossing, I'm doing it right now. I should be setting the Year 1 exam paper, planning or marking.

5. Triumphs of triumphs, I swam an entire length of the pool on one breath. I didn't come up for air once. I nearly sucked in the inside of my nostils up at the end, but I must have been faster than Michael Phelps! Although I feel I should point out, this was swimming freestyle, not underwater. I am not some sort of crazy fishwoman.

6. I had day visitors last week. I think you'll be able to read all about it in the premier monthly church magazine of Ireland.

7. I had a fun class yesterday. We had a sing-a-long to Hakuna Matata when two girls came in with steaming moods. I have no idea why but good old Disney lightened the mood. Then I challenged them to come up with the top five countries according to population, and so they challenged me to come up with the ten countries in the world with only 4 letters. I got them (eventually and without cheating), but I open up to comments to see how many you can get!


8. I watched 'An Inconvenient Truth' last night. Well I started to but I fell asleep (not because it was boring, because I was tired) during it. I know, think of the energy waste!

Right point number 4 is going to make me stop here. Internet dossing work to do.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails