Sunday, September 09, 2007

Tomorrow cannot be Monday already

I have to go back to school tomorrow. I object to this. Especially as I have the cold and Ireland are playing rugby way too late tonight for me to watch.

I realise I have hardly said anything about Ruth and Mark being here or the cruise, but it'll come. So in the meantime I'll talk about the netball.

I went back on Saturday to watch them in the 3rd place play off and they had seemed so chuffed with the first banner I thought it would be disappointing not to have another.


Bigger and on colour paper. No expense spared.

The game was against Sri Lanka. They had beaten NI in the round robin stage 55-50 so there was real pressure. But thankfully (and I put a lot of credit on the banners!) they were able to maintain possession and stop the big tall Sri Lankan Goal Shooter from getting the ball too much. (Seriously, watch the video, she's huge! Sorry about the crap quality, You Tube was the only way I could get it on.)



I was talking to somebody (who shall remain nameless) at the weekend who didn't know what netball was. I described it as like basketball but with 7 people and that you couldn't run with the ball. They replied and said 'so basketball without the athleticism then?' Ha!


The final score was 61-51 to NI. Ya ho! Now, again, without wanting to overstate it, NI hadn't won a match until I showed up, banners in tow. They ended up coming third!


Eighth man, I keep telling you.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails