Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Coming home: The Good

The flight to New York was perhaps the nicest flight I have ever had. I say that mostly because of what preceded it and what followed it (we'll get to that). I had charming row mates. One man was going to Maine on holiday ('you have to have the seafood' my other rowmate helpfully told him), the other was going to Jerusalem on business which, as you can imagine opened up many conversation points. He sat in the middle and we talked pretty much the entire way. Although I did start to mark essays at one point and they both helpfully offered me alternate pens as mine suffered from some sort of vertigo and was leaking over my fingers causing some sort of pink tattoo gone wrong look.

At the end of the flight, passengers with short connecting flights got off first and as we were right at the back of the plane we sat on...and sat on...and sat on. Apparently none of us were in a rush. We bid each other farewell as we got our bags from the overhead compartments and I walked out on my merry way. In the terminal I thought it best to check the time of my next flight and as luck would have it there were screens right there. So I consulted them. Then I realised that beside me on one side stood Maine man and on the other was Mr. Jerusalem. It was like a reunion of our row, a mere two minutes after saying goodbye. Aw-kward.

'Ah my flight is on time. Bye bye...again'.

I half expected to see them around the airport, but alas, it wasn't to be. Instead I continued to mark essays and have dinner in my second favourite place to eat.


I say dinner, but it was more of a pre-dinner snack. It was an American diner style place. Kind of like the place Monica from Friends worked in on rollerskates. Disappointingly though, without the rollerskates. Probably against TSA rules.

Of course my favourite place to eat remain Broccoli Pizza Place.


I took this with Obama to show it's current! No library images here.

Obviously, unlike Panera, they have not heeded my letters requesting sweetcorn. Some day they'll be sorry when I don't go back.

Oh ok, that's an empty threat. You're right, I love it too much!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails