Monday, April 06, 2009

Reasons why I could never be first lady

You might have missed the fact that Obama has been in the continent for the last week. But who cares about that as long as Michelle is with him?! And he did bring her, and her style! That woman could wear a potato sack and it'll still look good on her. Yet, if I were to wear nearly anything she wears I would look absolutely ridiculous. Ridiculous.

Let me demonstrate this further.

I have noticed she has a certain penchant for pencil skirts and cardigans and I think I could carry that ok. The bottom of this dress looks to have a similar line to a pencil skirt but the high neck line and short sleeves would look awful on me.

Brave choice, even for Michelle. Any more 'wearable' from the side?

That's a no then.

It's really unfair to put Sarah in the same shot isn't it? My goodness! The short jacket drawing attention to her midrif? The tight fitting skirt? The 80 denier tights? And then by comparison there's Michelle, stylish Michelle. I tried a skirt like hers on once. Big mistake. Nearly as big as it made my hips look.

I think Sarah gave her a false sense of security for when it came to the style of first ladies of Europe. When they got to Strasbourg, Europe was ready to play her trump card, Carla Bruni-Sarkozy. You have to wake up pretty early to out style a former supermodel...

Ok, so we'll call that a draw then. But back to me. I do not see tie bow jackets in my future.

Neither do I see big bow shirts.

While getting these photos I came across this article which quotes 'bigger name' designers bemoaning the fact that Michelle hasn't worn any of their designs. Oh boo hoo, my heart bleeds, as I'm sure yours does when I tell you it's struggling designers like Oscar de la Renta and Vera Wang.

There was one article with a more serious tone (although perhaps not obvious). It should serve to remind tall women around the world of the heavy price to be paid when falling in love with short men.

Is it my imagination or can you see it in her eyes she hates them?!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails