Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Colourful Colorado

Last week was a bit crazy when I got back. I even resorted to doing something I never do when I get back from travelling. I slept before it was bedtime. It was a mistake. But I had to because I had a meeting that night. Anyway, with that, classes, work and John's birthday I barely even had time to look at my photos let alone upload them to my computer (nevermind Facebook or Blogger). I know, 'don't give me any of your hard luck stories'. So I'll gloss over that and give you the photos and stories.

On the flight out I had my own row. Oh amazing. Made a change from the woman who ate my Pepperidge Farm cookies last time.

The first day we went skating on the frozen lake. It was Martin Luther King Day so was quite busy but the lake was majassive, with a place for skating and multiple ice hockey rinks.

Oopsy.

So helmets were the order of the day. Of course, this year I didn't really fall. I had one sit down to stop me going over a steep ledge, but it was at low speed and involved no hitting of heads. But that doesn't matter because I love mine. I nearly wore it to bed. I'm not even joking.

Having helmets meant that we could also listen to music as we skied. That's what the cool kids do, you see. I made a playlist, appropriately title 'Chooon' to listen to as I skied and this led to what became known as happy dances of music. I present you this video to demonstrate:


I can't help but think it's like Carlton dancing from the Fresh Prince but it's hard to dance when you can't move your feet and your arms are impeded by poles.

Every day bar one it snowed. Made for good snow.

Of course the blue sky did come out. I loves me a blue sky.

This was the best day's snow, 6 inches of fresh powder. That's what I'm talking about!

Of course no trip is complete without statue poses.

Way to look cool Tina.

And carefree.

Of course no trip through Newark is complete without some broccoli pizza. I had it twice, way out and way back. Well you've got to. Ok, not you probably. But I do.
It is not like sprouts on toast like my dad suggested.

You should not leave your water in the car overnight in Colorado. It freezes. Although oddly Megann's never did.

Other good food included:

Fry American style. I like to be careful where my syrup goes. But I've seen people pile it on their sausages. Weird.

And of course you've got to go to Panera Bread. I already told you about that. But just gaze at the wonder that is Fuji Apple Salad. Citrus herb chicken, greens, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, red onions (I pick those out, otherwise it'd be like that Extra advert from years ago), pecans, Gorgonzola, apple chips and their secret recipe apple dressing all collectively responsible for me liking salads.

More to come about the rodeo and the Carolinas.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails