Thursday, February 04, 2010

Dear Heathrow

It's not a word of a lie to say that I would fly half way around the world just to avoid you. I'm sorry, that's just the way I feel. Time and again you have proved you are nothing but trouble. Except that this week you surprised me.

Firstly, the bus to the other terminal was quiet and empty. I had a seat! The line at immigration was non-existent and the process quick. Granted, I still didn't get a cheery "welcome back" but neither was I insulted which has happened to, I'd warrant, most of us at some point.

The free promotional Bailey's as I walked through the shops was really too much. It was only 10.00am afterall. Still, I took it with gratitude.

Your staff on security marvelled at the size of my bag of Monster Munch as I fumbled to get my passport out, no hurrying noises, no grunting, no stepping aside to let the next passenger through. Just fond reminiscing of happier times when Monster Munch ruled all.

But the one that shocked me, like really shocked me was I got an apology from someone from BMI. Like an actual 'I'm sorry' for her mistake. No passive aggressive behaviour from her, no trying to blame me for her mistake. Wow.

Have y'all been to charm school?

That said, it was nearly all too good to be true. Your stupid conveyor system couldn't handle my skis and I didn't get them until the next flight came in. So I hope you're not offended if I still don't fly through you again too often.

A for effort though.

Kind regards,
Tina

1 comment:

jools said...

I want a 'like' button for this Tina ... made me smile ... oh the warm memories!

much love,
j

Related Posts with Thumbnails